Thank you for visiting Luminant Photography’s website! My name is Victoria Rayburn, and I am a Lafayette, Indiana family photographer. I was thrilled to start this venture in 2015. While I have a full-time career that I love, Luminant allows me to have fun with my art background and spend time with wonderful people and families, like you!
Writing and art are my passions, which is why I majored in English and minored in art in college. During the day, I am the Assistant Content Manager at Treefrog Marketing and Communications. At night and on the weekends, I am a photographer.
My photography career began when I started serving as an assistant to Carrie Bower, co-owner of Kindred Photo & Video. I still serve as an assistant and am very thankful for Carrie’s continued mentorship and friendship.
Luminant Photography received its name for two reasons:
- Christ is the light of the world. John 8:12 says, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Christ is my savior, and I hope to use my business to share His light with others.
- Photography is all about light. In fact, it literally means “writing with light.” Whether you’re talking about exposure or color, lighting is an important aspect of every form of art. I had a painting professor in college who encouraged students to squint at their paintings to make sure there was a balance of lights and darks in every piece of work. Years later, I still use this tip in everything I create, including photos.
A Few More Facts
If we’re going to spend an hour or two taking photos together, I think it’s only fair if you know who you’ll be spending time with.
- I’m saved by Jesus Christ. God has made Luminant a possibility, and I hope that my actions always reflect Christ’s love, especially during photo sessions.
- I married my best friend when I was 21. Zach often serves as my assistant and may tease your kids to break out the giggles.
- We don’t have children, but we do have a Goldendoodle whom I love far too much. Her name is Hattie, and I really wish I could take her everywhere with me.
- I’m a coffee addict. I know I have a problem, but I don’t intend to fix it. I promise to show up to your session fully caffeinated and ready to go!
- I’m 5′ 1″. Nobody wants their photos taken from below, so I bring a step stool to every adult session.